ClipDish is a recipe organizing app for iPhone and iPad that takes recipes that you find on line and saves them into your own personal cookbook — without the extra stuff.
This page lets you try out how it works with a delicious margarita recipe. If you don’t have the app, go install it and then come back here.
- 3/4 cup Nellie & Joe’s fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Nellie & Joe’s fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 lime wedges
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup premium 100 percent agave tequila – lately I’ve been enjoying Hornitos Plata
- 3/4 cup Grand Marnier – it’s way better than Triple Sec
- In a medium saucepan, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, water, 1/4 c sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.(Can be made in advance and keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
- Chill the margarita glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the coarse salt and remaining sugar in a shall dish or saucer. Wet the rim of each with a lime wedge and dip the glass into the salt to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, 2 shots cooled syrup, 1 shot tequila and 1 shot orange-flavored liqueur per glass.
- Shake until frothy and well chilled, at least 1 minute. Strain into the prepared glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.
- A little too sweet? Add an extra splash of tequila.