When I was a kid my mom started making this pound cake. She still makes it to this day. It’s the ultimate comfort food for me. When I have a slice, I think of home.
My kids love this cake too so I’ve decided to learn how to bake it myself. I’ve posted on the ClipDish site so I could clip it and share it with you. Enjoy.
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Blend butter, sugar, and vanilla together
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add flour one cup at a time alternating with a little ofthe milk to moisten, along with the baking powder and salt, finishing with the rest of the milk.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 12 cup bundt pan
- Finish with mini chips
When baking this cake in a dark pan be sure to lower temp to 325 deg.
Grease, flour and spray with baking spray to insure that cake will come out clean from pan when baked.
If using six little loaf pans, time can be shortened to 55 minutes. Fill mini loafs with 1 cup of batter. Should make 6 4 "X 6" loafs
If making 8 x 9 loaf bake for 1 hour 5 min. Same temp depending on whether pan is metal or non stick