This is a clippable version of the recipe on Ethan Chlewbowski’s Pro Home Cooks website. It’s easy and delicious and perfect for a quick week night meal. I always add red pepper flakes to this dish.
A couple of things to note. Buy good parmesean cheese from the cheese section of your grocery store. This is a very cheese forward dish, don’t ruin it by using that pre-grated Kraft stuff.
- 2 italian sausages, skin removed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bushel of broccoli rabe
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box of pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a pot, add in the sausages and drizzle in some olive oil. Break up the sausage and let that cook.
- Next, slice up the garlic and chop up the broccoli rabe.
- Pull out the sausage and set side. Drizzle in more olive oil and add both the garlic and broccoli rabe to the pot. Let the cook down (about 3 minutes) and season with salt and pepper. Once wilted set aside.
- To the same pot, add in 1 box of pasta and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and occasionally stir it.
- In the mean time, grate about 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Once your pasta is al dente, check your water level. You only want about 1/4 cup of that starchy liquid water, the rest you can pour out.
- To the pot, add in 3/4 cup of your grated parmesean and stir until melted and the sauce becomes creamy.
- Add the red pepper flakes. Add back the sausage & broccoli rabe and mix. Serve while hot.