I stumbled upon the guys at Two Ugly Mugs when I was looking for some gourmet salsa. I was tired of the same old grocery store brands and wanted to try something new.
Anyway, we struck up a conversation and the team sent over this great recipe for chicken enchiladas. Save this recipe into ClipDish and try it for your next Taco Tuesday. Oh and if you’re looking for salsa with a little more kick, check them out and be sure to tell them Team ClipDish sent ya.
Chicken Enchiladas de Ugly
This delicious recipe uses Two Ugly Mugs Gourmet Salsa to really make it special.
- 1 jar of your favorite Two Ugly Mugs Gourmet Salsa
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 10.5 oz cans of enchilada sauce
- 4 jalapeños- 3 diced and 1 sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can of corn (or fresh off the cob)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp of each-chipotle seasoning (garlic powder and poultry seasoning)
- 1 16 oz package of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 35-45 minutes then let cool.
- While chicken is cooking, combine corn, diced jalapenos, onion, spices, half of the
cheese, 1 can of enchilada sauce, and half a jar of salsa. Stir until mixed and set aside.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees and toast tortilla shells in a single layer on a cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes.
- Spread a light layer of enchilada sauce in bottom of baking dish. Fill tortillas with mixture, roll and place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining salsa and second can of enchilada sauce on top of each tortilla. Sprinkle
with remaining cheese and place 1 slice of jalapeno on each tortilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until completely heated through.