My wife is reading the book “Under the Tuscan Sun” and told me about this simple pasta dish with arugula. I love pasta and arugula so I thought I’d give it a shot.
This dish is so easy to make, save yourself some time and prep the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
Spaghetti alla Rucola
This dish is simple and delicious.
- 1 large bunch arugula (rucola, washed and torn into large pieces)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Pasta – Start cooking the pasta to al dente. While that is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Sauce – In a large sauce pan, melt the butter
- Set the heat to low and add the arugula. Stir frequently until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesean. Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Drain the past and add it to the sauce pan with the sauce. Mix and serve immediately.