This is one of my favorite dishes. I originally found it on Smitten Kitchen. However, that recipe doesn’t clip with ClipDish. I’ve recreated it here in clippable form.
Steak, Arugula, Blue Cheese and a simple Vinaigrette. Some basic ingredients that come together like Voltron to form a delicious salad.
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat if necessary, halved crosswise, at room temperature
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 pound baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon coarse Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced chives, 2 thinly sliced scallions or 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion, for garnish
- Dry steak on both sides and season with the salt and pepper, generously.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium high to high. Add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, it will start to shimmer, place the steak in the pan. Place it in and away from you to avoid oil burns. Let it sit in the skillet for five minutes.
- Flip the steak and cook about three more minutes for medium rare.
- While that's cooking, whisk the mustard, wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey and olive oil together, salt to taste.
- Toss the arugula, vinagertte, blue cheese and cherry tomatoes. When the steak is finished, slice and serve on top of the salad.