What’s a chef’s favorite condiment?
According to Chef Kenji, open the fridge of any chef and you’ll find a jar of pickled red onions. I’m no chef but I figure this is a good way to pretend I am.
These are delicious and super easy to make.
Pickled Red Onions
Chef Kenji says these are in the fridge of every chef.
- 2 red onions
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 16 oz water
- 16 oz distilled vinegar
- 2 tbs salt
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic.
- Slice the onion into thin strips
- Put the onions, garlic and jalapeno into the jar
- Heat the liquids, salt and sugar until everything dissolves
- Pour the liquid into the jar
- Let it cool
- They are ready in about an hour but get better overnight